Sunday, October 3, 2010

Save the feeling !


Sometimes somethings are just so near you, that you should by all means get aquainted with, since they are meant specially for you but you wil only realise it until later.
Thousands of incidents have happened to me when I feel this has been with me all along but never did i pay much attention to what it really encapsulates.Its like god wants you to SAVE THE FEELING for a better time..for a better moment.
If to give an instance i would like to share this -
For this to understand i have to give this certain backgorund that me (shruti) is wierdly attracted towards her music. And this that evry1 has something that they are very close to and possesive about. And music is something that evokes, modifies all my feelings. And this is not totally wierd bcoz i have met people who share the same thing as me.:D
Nywys
Once(around my 9th grade) me and one of my few friends that i enjoy sharing my music with, were disussing music as we always did during recess. She always suggested a classic rock and i added up a blues'. That day she also got NIRVANA's cd and put it into my bag. I told her not to give me - as then for me the word rock just meant banging drums..screaming guitar and crazy vocalist. She told me "shruti you have to give attention to this one" on such a serious note that i was dumbstruck for 2 seconds and then passed my quick judgement abt rock but took the cd just so not to hurt her feelings.
I took the cd but never did I try to listen what was in there. Days passed and i gave her d cd back.
She asked me if i liked it n i lied "yes" and she said "one day whenever you wil listen to these tracks, you will call me" .. i had some wierd feeling but as we alwz do wen we are teenagers- i told her to cut the crap.
Years later one of my then-new-friends told me to listen to kurt cobain.. til then i so did not want to listen to anything about rockstars because all i could interpret from their visuals was to unnecessarily get frustrated about meaningless things. I considered rock as just another version of pop culture. totally meaningless, hopeless and souless. He emphasized with great degrees how much i would like it.. but i have been more stubborn in my past.
I had tracks with me all along . But i never bothered to click them.
I also remember my friends praising kurt and putting past tense to every verb they used for kurt. But i never put my attention to things that are not of my interest.
Few months back i went to a club(not xactly! but i have no other term to define it) .. I saw this huge poster of kurt .. i kept staring at it(I had no clue it was him) .. I forgot who was with me and what is going on around...(same that happens in typical movies but it was true)
Months later i.e NOW i remembered that poster i asked my friend who was that poster of and he said "Kurt".. with the power we hold now a days, I googled Kurt.. his biography..his pics..eventually i read about his death .. about his suicide..about his life.. about his songs .. I got so much into him .. I wasted (not the term i want to use but my EXAMS were on!) my whole day i got free as a study leave, in googling everything about Kurt. Finally I heard the tracks.. "Rape Me"..david bowie's version of "The man who sold the world" .. "Jesus does not want me for his sunbeam"... I cried some small tears. I called up my old friend ( I talked to her after 6 years, we had a mojor setback) and although she must have been surprised to a great extent, the ego that comes..went away in a flash and all we left far behind came rushing by. I could look at the greater aspect... GOD JUST WANTED ME TO SAVE THE FEELING.

Shruti Giri
4th year

29 comments:

  1. ohhh....nyc one:)

    Shruti
    (J Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fresh writing!super-liking it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shrutzz really really really Love it !! Its just so very true.!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice one...liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring Ariticle boss!!!
    Superliked!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Article Boss...
    Shows the sentiments and emotions attached with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive never been interested in rock music..but after reading your article i think i'm going to go hear these songs..!! maybe one of them will inspire me 2... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. pure feelins at a go..
    strng..isnt it..how v cum bck to d same point 4m which v keep runnin away all r lives..
    like it!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thnkyou guys
    parul - god has his/her own ways of telin which genre you belong to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...dats a really nyc one

    ReplyDelete
  11. genuine feelings dat we'll nvr b able to erase frm our mind....:)lovely one boss....

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow..!! awesome article boss...liked it..!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ! mesemerising boss ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. and i luv dis girl's pic.. itz so cute ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this one s an intrstin piece n a vey infrmative one..cunt stop googling!!nice n true!
    his suicide note said "I haven't felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music, along with really writing . . . for too many years now".

    ReplyDelete
  16. A A AMAZINGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    very thought provoking..........i lik it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The article is just awesome Boss.
    Really touching.

    ReplyDelete
  18. really nice article boss ........ loved the ending :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome article...super liking it.... :)
    keep goin....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way u hv expressed it all...the feeling has music too!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I lykd it a lot..!!
    quite inspiring...!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. nyc emo article boss......reminded me of my old tymes.......

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gr8 article!!! Liked it vry mch...

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice one..realy touching

    ReplyDelete
  25. i guess no words to describe dis 1....read it n feel wat i mean....:) :)

    ReplyDelete