Sunday, September 5, 2010

Words Which Never Got Mouth


I wake up and make it through the day ignoring it. But at the end of the day I have to face the fact that she's going away and I have no chance to see her for another year.The girl who has been my confidante. She's moving to Los Angeles for higher studies. She got accepted at University of California. I know I should be happy, I am too. So proud of her. I mean..its's UCLA!!!! But I am not at all happy that she would be moving to a different time zone (we would talk less), she would meet new people, get involved in different clubs than me and eventually lead a life of which I'm no more a part. Not that I have been, atleast for the past two years. But of course, she was always a call away. It was comforting.
I am speaking about my friend..my best friend or the word "soul sister" would be more appropriate. We first met 5 years back. She was a fresher in our school, grade 9. We hit it off instantly. It was like having met a mirror..just a non identical clone..clone of the soul. Our way of thinking and way of perception was similar beyond belief. There was no reason we wouldn't be the best of chums. We even looked similar in some ways, though she is way too beautiful than me. Two years spent with her are probably the best years of my life. All we needed to enjoy was each other and our ability to speak. The world didn't matter anymore. We talked about anything and everything. There isn't a topics under the sun that we haven't talked about. We became close overtime. Like friends who could complete each other's sentences, know what's in their heart by just looking in the eyes, who understand perfectly.
Unfortunately I had to shift towns and that came as a blow to both of us. All the times spent together, all the nights we spent together glued to the phone talking nonsense, it would all come to a standstill. That would be because we wouldn't share the same world. Universes apart. Initially everything remained almost the same (including our phone bills) but eventually the spark faded away. People say that if we reached such a state, we were never that good friends. But I know better. Life just got in the way.
I missed her everyday since I saw her last. Thought about her daily. She has been my inspiration since ever.I met her after two years after leaving town. And things were different. We didn't flop on her bed like we used to. We sat in the guest room sedately. I was never a guest at her home before, I was always a part of it.Her room wasn't the same. New furnishings. It wasn't our den anymore. And it stung to know that probably it's someone else's den now. And then it was time to say goodbye again. Awkwardeness in the air. The hug was not the way it used to be. And of all of these new and strange things make me want to go back to the times we shared earlier.
Like I used to write for her. Oh yes..I wrote a lot on her. The first verse that I wrote for her made her cry.
There's this girl, my real friend
Who's laughter never ends
She goes on and on, never revealing
All her deepest, bitter feelings
I wish I was her
In hiding my emotions
Something I couldn't achieve
After all my devotion
She's my life, my world
My very soul
There's something about her
Which isn't there in all
Yet she's not the same as she was
She has just ..changed a lot
I remember when we first met
She was so cute, such a pet
All her innocence is now gone
As if she's wearing a mask on
But underneath this new girl
I still find the person I knew
The very same person
Who became so grotesque
It's her life, she's free
But she has always been there for me
Her position in my life
Cannot be replaced
My love for her
Cannot be displaced
To her, I would like to convey
Thank you, for all the smiles you have given to me
And remember, I'll be there for you, eternally...
I know it wasn't that great. I was 15 when I wrote that. I hope it remains it special to her. Because I want to remember her the way I knew her. And even though she has changed so much, what soothes my soul is the memory of "old -her". I remember her so distinctly...
The way you move in your sleep
The way you look before you leap
The deep illusion that you keep
You never knew, but i was noticing
The shimmer in your eye when it twinkles
The way your nose crinkles
The way your uniform always had wrinkles
You never knew, but i was noticing
Your hands that look so dinky
Your mood swings, so cranky
The jerk of your ponytail, so jaunty
You never knew, but i was noticing
The way you laughed all around
The way you threw things on the ground
The way you looked when you were spell bound
You never knew, but i was noticing
The way your lips twitched when you were about to cry
The way your hair looked when they weren't dry
The way you lazed around, not ready to try
You never knew, but i was noticing
The way you hated to stand in a row
The way you curved your eyebrow
The way you complained that people grow
You never knew, but i was noticing
The way you hated to eat red
The way you always flopped on your bed
I remember the way you bled
You never knew, but i was noticing
And now probably you've forgotten the places you haunted
But I hope you get everything you wanted
I wish your every wish is granted
'Cuz you never know, I might be missing.


After all the hard times our friendship has gone through, we both know that we are still bound to each other, still connected in our most vulnerable states..and there's one thing I know for sure..she's one person I'll never get over in my life...
 
Written by Aveesha Sharma, CSE-I year

37 comments:

  1. very emotional .. no words to praise this one ! beautiful post dear !! u deserve all the good words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all feel these emotions for this one special friend of our own, but not everyone can put it in such apt words. This is my favorite post on this blog among the ones so far. Really good work Aveesha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really touching ... loved it...
    keep up the good work! .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i somewhere felt it was abt me........ soo true to connect with :) n every word got its desired place amazing work girlll.....

    Gud Sakshii ... you probablyy got best first yearites this tym ........ keep gng girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey aveesha
    its amazing!!luvd it..
    each wrd,each line seems to b perfect in ur piece..
    i think evry1 can relate them wid dis post..
    ur nxt stuff is totally awaited.
    :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaoo ! I am simply in love with this. How true it is..People who means the most,just have to go away someday! Nice words. Keep it up <3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. touching...!!!
    this one is my fav.from the blog...!!!
    10/10...fr this lvly frst yrite!!
    luved ur wrk aveesha!!!
    keep gng gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey..the comments are all to their real truth..
    very wel composed from da very begining of frnship n how it changes wd tym n that is ought t be..(i mean..da change!)..nobodys fault..
    though da whole thing was straight frm da heart..bt some lines were really awesome..
    loved it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sob**sob* awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. smthin v can never ever say .. bt can write abt n only in diaries has been blogged .. i appreciate the bravery

    ReplyDelete
  11. gr8 work aveesha...<3ed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aveesha ..this is a wonderful piece of writing ...Amazing!!!! is the right word...keep writing ..keep posting

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey girl..
    awesome expression of thoughts..jus speechless to describe..as i m all occupied wid the nostalgic moments ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. gud wrk aveesha....d feelings r moulded so beautifully....just can't wait to hear more u....keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. gud wrk aveesha....d feelings r moulded so beautifully....just can't wait to hear more from u....keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was totally amazing..keep going...wanna read more and more stuff u write..great composition!!kudos..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully emoted gal...!each emotion was put into the most beautiful words with the best possible heart! amazing gal...Glad to be working with talent like you! :)
    keep going!
    congrats on being Blogger Of the Month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. heya aveesha...its juz juz tooooooooo gud.....filled with true emotions, true feelings....its juz amazing...!!
    i was juz thnkng dat it shud go on and on.. :) :)
    n yaaa CONGO too..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. For the very first time i have read an article for which i HAVE to say "Her Words Pouring Out My Heart"!
    AWESOME!
    Congrats Aveesha!
    Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you everyone for liking this piece of work so much :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. really very much touching.... truely expressed .... keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. finally we have the comment from the girl itself !

    ur most welcome dear !
    keep writing !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really a great work done by you aveesha....thats lovely...u deserve a lot more...hats off to u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. gr8 work aveesha...
    beautifully written....!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. its awessum...really touching!!!
    nic wrk:):)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's really amazing!!!!!!vry beautiful thoughts!!!!!luvd it.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. awesum work !
    keep it up girl !!

    ReplyDelete
  28. its too senti....i just wanna say dat missng my old friends especially dat special one.yes i too have dat special 1 in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  29. hey...its really awsum...nice one!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very touching...beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  31. amazin work!!!
    m totally speechless!!!
    from
    J team

    ReplyDelete
  32. amazing work.....
    this is third tym m reading it n get moved everytym i read it........

    ReplyDelete
  33. A beautiful work!!! It transported me to the past and reminded me of my best friend... My story is also somewhat similar.

    ReplyDelete
  34. congrats anveesha.....great work....um sure every one of us can relate ourself with it...truely heart touching.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. grt work anveesha...um sure everyone can relate frm this work of urs....

    ReplyDelete
  36. truely touchy...wonderful piece of writing...i could relate n it made me numb for a while
    :|

    ReplyDelete
  37. a very nice n touching article n poem i hav ever read.....
    it really made me cry.... it was so touchy....:'(

    i can really understand d situation wen ur close frnd goes away from u... n u become stranger for the one whom u think u cant live without.... its really difficult.....:"(

    ReplyDelete