Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I wish I owned a cloud

A dark shady cloud
Like a stale corpse wrapped in grey-black shroud
Deep within the spirits dance
Cloaked in their murky gown
Look there it goes, grows, rises, dips and drowns
Strips, splits,  drools and frowns
Builds its own air castle and a town
Far so low on my planet green and brown
Wandering around goes a baby kid
With no friends no toys in the surrounds
He looks up
Wonders if the sky really has no bounds
Glances at the cloud
Not one, there are so many more
And they make a world of their own
It seems so soft
Waving like a witch’s hair tuft
Dark in fury yet so calm
The stillness hooks me with a gaze
I want no house on the land
I wish I owned a little cloud.

15 comments:

  1. grey,black,dark...yet playful...thought of a kid...words of a poet...amazing composition n certainly ma fav...very wel writen Saumya :)
    happy to put it on da blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess it made m fall in love with the clouds again !!
    thanx girly!!
    a very well framed poem...truly mesmerising and thought provoking :)
    loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. any1 can get a cloud if dat prsn can frame such a lovely poem..vry nice poem boss :)
    sakshi ag

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work...really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its very nicely interwoven.
    Dis poem can affect ones thought process...I like it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow saumya you have played so nicely with words...loved it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gud wrk Saumya!!It makes me think..:)

    ReplyDelete